Hong Kong (2018)
- PCLL, City University of Hong Kong
- LLM in Corporate and Financial Law, University of Hong Kong
- LLMArbDR (Distinction), City University of Hong Kong
- LLB (First Class Honours), City University of Hong Kong
- Fellow, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb)
- Accredited Tribunal Secretary, The Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre
- CELTA (Pass A), Cambridge English, University of Cambridge
Honours and Awards
- Dean’s List in LLB and PCLL
- Moot Court Prizes
- Other prizes and awards
Billy was called to the Bar in Hong Kong after obtaining his Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours from the City University of Hong Kong. He is developing a broad practice mainly in general civil and commercial matters. He is capable of providing written submissions and conducting hearings in both English and Chinese.
On the civil side, Billy has been involved in a wide range of matters including contractual and commercial disputes, intra-corporate disputes, trusts, probate, land and bankruptcy/insolvency matters. He is regularly instructed to make or contest injunction and interlocutory applications. He has also acquired substantial experience in representing clients in domestic and international arbitration proceedings and mediation. On the criminal side, Billy has experience in cases involving commercial frauds and other offences.
Billy has appeared in the Court of First Instance, District Court and Magistrates’ Courts either as a led junior or as an advocate in his own right.
Billy is fluent in English, Cantonese and Putonghua.
Memberships & Appointments
- Member, Committee on Mediation, Hong Kong Bar Association (2022 to present)
- Lecturer in Contract Law and Business Associations and Commercial Practice, HKU SPACE (2019 to 2021)