Hong Kong (1996)
Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
Manchester Metropolitan University, UK (1996)
Diploma in Finance
Chinese University of Hong Kong (2002)
David specializes in Criminal Law – with a focus on 'White Collar Crime' and regulatory matters. Solely a defence counsel, he represents clients in serious criminal cases, inter alia, complex fraud, murder, rape, drug trafficking including those involving the US Drug Enforcement Agency, transnational money laundering and extraditions. He advises clients on ICAC, Commercial Crimes Bureau, licensing and regulatory matters.
He has conducted over 1,000 criminal trials to date, representing a wide range of clients including doctors, legal practitioners, police officers, immigration department, correctional services officials and officers of listed companies.
Called to the Hong Kong Bar in 1996, David has specialized in Criminal Law from the inception. Prior to joining the Bar, he was a Detective Senior Inspector with the Hong Kong Police Force for 12 years from 1984 to 1996. During his tenure at the Police Force, he was responsible for the investigation and assisting the prosecution of cases involving, inter alia, commercial fraud, syndicated loan sharking, drug trafficking, triads and other organized crimes.
- Hon Secretary - Nav Bharat Sports Club (1998 – present)
- Committee Member – Young Barristers Association (1998 - 1999)
- Committee Member - Khalsa Diwan Sikh Temple Redevelopment Board (2005 – present)
- Committee Member - Hong Kong Government Home Affairs Bureau – Race Relations Unit (2005 – 2008)
- Chairman - Hong Kong Housing Board Appeals Tribunal hearings (2008 – present)
- Appointed Speaker on money laundering – The Asia Pacific Real Estate Association (2009 - 2012)
- Represented Hong Kong - Junior World Cup Hockey Qualifiers Tournament (1980)
- Represented Hong Kong at the Asian Games Hockey Tournaments – Delhi (1982), Seoul (1986) and Beijing (1990)
- Manager – Hong Kong Hockey Team at the Bangkok Asian Games (1998)